This Malapert Blood

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The lost post

I wrote a post and swear I hit Publish, but it disappeared. The gist was that the chiropractor said some weird things and saw some weird stuff, but overall I improved a bit after going to her. But since Monday I've been in the worst agony again.

The awful thing is that I'm feeling, and trying to be, so creative. I joined Creative Lenna's mini book swap, and also have a Meander Maze book (check Youtube for a Tim Holtz video on how to make a 16 page book out of one sheet of paper) due on my mini-books Yahoo group.

I have made a four-page Instant Book which is going to Lenna, and a toilet paper roll book with tags and a cover-holder which is going too. Then I think I'll make the wonderful book that Julia Jacques sent me, and finally one from Following the Paper Trail. This one is a half-page (6x12) mini with eight pages, all holding tags. I just need to wait for my Scor-Pal because I don't do folding and scoring at all well.

I do have to make one comment, which is that Graphic 45 paper is the bomb -- the new Basic Grey. If you have seen an ATC, card, or anything with a steampunk theme, there WILL be an element or two from their Steampunk Debutante line. And it is wonderful; all their papers are.

I have to give a shout-out to 29th Street Market papers too, for being heavier and double-sided with quieter designs. Sometimes that's what you want. I think Julia used that paper in her book for me. She blogged about it here: http://365atbds.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-wednesday-bring-your-own.html

It is so darling and so addictive, I think everyone on the Altered stArt Yahoo group is making one! The design is by Christie Callahan of Christie's Creations and the tutorial is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-AAaGQwDB0

No comments:

Post a Comment